Monday, February 13, 2012

Seat belt traffic fine

Just 7 days in to the rule being introduced, I paid my first fine for not wearing the seat belt.

Another blunder happened. When the cop stopped me, he also told me that there was an older fine(ticket) of Rs 100/- for a violation at Ashwath Nagar. I didn't even know where this area was and don't remember travelling there. The cop also didn't know where this area was. I also told him that i had cleared all my traffic dues 3 months ago. The cop told me that this was a 2010 violation which probably was uploaded to their server recently (in last 3 months) and hence I have to pay up. Relentlessly, i paid and came home. While looking for Ashwath Nagar on google maps, i realized that it was somewhere near Marath Halli and i have never been to that area in my car. I cross checked the receipt again and realized that the cop had mistyped the car number :( . Instead of 2450, he had typed 2550 and I landed up paying some one else's fine. I checked with another traffic cop (my neighbour) and he told me that there is no way I am going to get this money back :(

I caught the traffic cop again the next day at the same spot and asked him why he did this blunder the previous day. He laughed about it and told me that he cannot do anything about it and cannot refund. He told me that next time I violate traffic, he will let me go without collecting fine. So I asked him if he expects(wants) me to violate traffic. He wasn't expecting me to say that and told me that I shouldn't violate traffic, but if I were to, then he will let me go. I pursued that for me to go to him, I have to violate traffic only in his jurisdiction. He was clueless on how to reply to my question and wanted me out. And I did .....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmmmm