Friday, November 29, 2013

Buying or renting camping equipment

People often ask me where they can buy or rent camping/trekking equipment in Bangalore. I am trying to compile a few of them

1. After the opening of Decathlon in Bangalore, I suggest people to blindly go there and pick up there equipment from there. The items are slightly expensive, but worth it because of the quality. The items last long.There are two outlets in Bangalore
a. Bannerghatta Road
b. Sarjapur road.

Google should help you get there

2. Slightly cheaper pairs of shoe can be purchased from Woodlands
3. For people who want hike only once or may be go on pilgrimage in himalayas, I suggest buying hunter shoe. Earlier, Bata shoe rooms used to sell them. One can check them there or try some stores in Shivaji nagar, Bangalore. Hunter shoe give good grip and are very very cheap. If you are going for treks in the Himalayas, then, these can be purchased near the base camps of the trek routes
4. Some good rucksacks can be bought from Wildcraft stores in Bangalore. They are of really good quality

I will get info on the places to rent and update this post as and when I get them

No comments: