Saturday, December 15, 2007

Carelessness causes wastage of money

I recently realized that I had misplaced the copy of my car insurance. The insurance company was located in Delhi. Upon calling them up, they told me that I have to send a Demand Draft (DD) for Rs 50/- in order to get a new duplicate copy.
I quickly went to the bank close by to get a DD. I landed up paying Rs 56/- as the service charge, for a Rs 50/- DD. I was cursing myself for choosing a private bank over nationalized bank as the DD charges were high. Upon inquiring later, I found that the DD charges were only marginally lesser in Nationalized banks. A few years ago, I remember paying not more than Rs 10/- for DD of this amount.
After getting the DD, I payed another Rs 60/- for courier. A couple of days later, I was going through a pile of papers at home and found the misplaced insurance document.
I had unnecessarily spent Rs 166/- (excluding a few long STD phone call charges)for being careless. Had I sorted out my pile of papers earlier, I wouldn't have spent the money and time. I have learnt my lesson.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

U should be appreciated that u gave utmost importance to the document.
Well done don worry on the Rs166./-