Friday, January 18, 2008

Tare Zameen Par

I Watched Taare Zameen Par (TZP) last week and trust me, it is one of the best movies I have seen in the recent past. The concept,narration, direction are all excellent.
The movie highlights the problem of dyslexia, one thing that many people don't care about, or in many cases, people don't know about it. Atleast in India, after seeing this movie, I guess many people will be aware of it, if not act take action.
I have known children with this problem. There is an immense pressure from parents and peers to perform well at academics. Little do they care or realize that all kids cannot scale up to all the challenges. I am told that in the western countries, the schools/parents identify dyslexia at an early and put the kids through a different learning process. In India, off late, a few schools have started this, but this trend has to catch up.
This movie is a real eye opener. Amir khan has done and excellent work in bringing out the good talent in Darsheel Safari (Ishaan Awasti in the movie). Unlike other movies of Amir Khan, this movie is not 'Hero centric', but 'concept centric'. The songs are very good. I am not going to discuss the movie here. If you are reading this blog and haven't still seen the movie, then it is time to do it. It is a must watch movie

No comments: