Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Changes noticed in Pizza Hut

After I wrote to Pizza Hut, about their Anti kannada Policy, I was wondering if they have taken any action. Last week, I had been to the same Pizza Hut again and spoke to the staff. There was a change in the staff's approach. They replied to me in Kannada when I spoke to them in Kannada. I called the same waiter, with whom, I had interacted the previous time. I asked him if anything had changed. He told me that the one of the senior guy from the management team had come down to the outlet and had instructed all the staff to talk to the customers in Kannada if they preferred. He told me that the manager mentioned about the complaint they had received about the outlet's Anti kannada policy.
I was happy about their change. I was more happy that I had influenced a Pizza Hut to adopt and honor the local language.

4 comments:

Karthik Viswanath said...

Good going dude..If we don't take the initiative and just keep quite, nothings going to happen!

PRIDERA said...

Thats a good start !!
Promoting Local language is certainly a noble cause

hamsanandi said...

Good to hear this!

Last time when I was in Bengalooru, I was so irritated by Coffee Day folks who spoke to me in English, and wanted to serve me a Cappuccino, when all I wanted was a good old regular coffee!

whocares said...

I am amazed at the comments of the person above. If you wanted a good ole filter coffee, why not head out to the places where you can find it (MTR, Darhini) , rather than ranting about serving Cappuccino in Coffee day. Cappuccino does not pose any threats to your "traditions and culture".